Amazon Alexa is a voice-activated device. It works with Amazon’s cloud-based voice-recognition service that is always on to respond to your commands.
Alexa can play music, answer questions, set alarms, read the news, check sports scores, control several apps and connect to smart home devices. It can also control several smart devices using itself as a home automation hub.
It has amazing features but also has some common problems that you need to know before buying. You must know the issues with Amazon Alexa.
This blog talks about 9 common problems that you may encounter with Amazon Alexa. It will also give you some tips on how to avoid these problems.
So keep reading till the end, hope you will be helped by my valuable information.
Table of Contents
- Top 9 Common Problems With Amazon Alexa
- 1. Alexa Can’t Find Other Devices
- 2. Alexa Play Music On Wrong Device
- 3. Alexa Doesn’t Respond To Voice Command
- 4. Alexa Is Not Connected To Wi-Fi
- 5. Alexa Not Streaming Music Properly
- 6. Alexa Can’t Perform Some Skills
- 7. Alexa Triggering Wrong Times
- 8. Alexa Voice Call Not Working
- 9. Alexa May Have Bluetooth Issues
- Features Of Amazon Alexa
- Some FAQs
Top 9 Common Problems With Amazon Alexa
1. Alexa Can’t Find Other Devices
You can face the problem when connecting other smart devices with Alexa. Alexa may not be able to detect it. The reason can be it is not compatible with Alexa.
Alexa can only detect Alexa enabled devices. You can reset settings and then restart Alexa to make things right.
2. Alexa Play Music On Wrong Device
Sometimes Alexa can play music on the wrong speakers. It happens when you ask Alexa to play music on an Echo device in one room, but another Alexa enabled smart device will play in another room.
For this problem, you can use the Alexa app to add all the devices in a group. This will allow Alexa to make decisions easily on which speaker to play music.
3. Alexa Doesn’t Respond To Voice Command
One of the main features of Alexa is to respond to voice commands, but there can be also some problems.
One reason can be that it is not familiar to your voice yet. Another problem is that it has so many background noises and it can’t find your command among all those interferences.
Try to avoid voice commands when there is so much noise and make Alexa used to your voice.
4. Alexa Is Not Connected To Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi connection can be low sometimes if Alexa shows orange light that means an internet connection is low and then Alexa won’t be able to respond to any type of command.
Check your internet connection to see if it’s working properly. You can restart the router and see if the real problem is Alexa or the internet connection.
5. Alexa Not Streaming Music Properly
You can have problems while steaming music on Alexa. It can happen because your internet connection is too low as I have mentioned before.
Sometimes Spotify and Apple Music also have some problem streaming in Alexa, then try to reconnect it. If the problem is with low bandwidth, then restart the router or change the connection.
6. Alexa Can’t Perform Some Skills
Alexa has so many skills it has many features, but it will not perform one or two of its skills. Alexa may not recognize the skill you are wanting. Try to command a language that Alexa understands well then it will perform in the desired way.
7. Alexa Triggering Wrong Times
Whenever Alexa is unmuted it keeps listening to a wake word to accept for voice command. Alexa will turn on if it listens to its name Alexa or it can easily misinterpret the word and turn on.
If Alexa is pronounced on TV or YouTube it will be triggered accidentally. The best you can do is alter the wake word.
8. Alexa Voice Call Not Working
Alexa may not work while voice calling, then check the contact info to ensure that you have the right information. Alexa will not make calls if you put wrong information. Alexa may misinterpret the voice command that it cannot understand whom you want to call.
9. Alexa May Have Bluetooth Issues
Alexa may not connect to Bluetooth like other devices. Make sure your connection is okay. You can pair and unpair and again try to pair the Bluetooth with Alexa.
Here I have discussed some problems with Amazon Alexa, but it also has some good features.
Features Of Amazon Alexa
- Smart home: Alexa can turn off and on light, can turn on the TV and so many other things.
- Productivity: it has great productivity like it can set an alarm, it can remind you of anything.
- Food: Alexa can suggest to you what should you eat, how many calories are in some food, etc.
- Entertainment: Alexa can play music on Spotify, you can listen to podcasts and the radio, etc.
- Communication: you can call whenever anyone with the help of Alexa. Like “Alexa, call dad”.
- News: Alexa can play news on any channel you ask for. Just say Alexa plays the news.
- Fun with Alexa: you can have fun with Alexa, command it to tell you a joke or just say are you blue Alexa and other kinds of stuff.
- Alexa for kids and family: Alexa helps kids to enhance their intelligence. Kids can ask Alexa anything they want to learn; they want to know. With Alexa, kids can play games and can command to open any cartoons.
What Is Amazon Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant that powers Echo, a voice-controlled speaker. It’s always getting smarter, and you can get new capabilities, called Alexa Skills, by asking Alexa.
Alexa vs. Echo: What’s The Difference?
Alexa is a voice assistant technology whereas Echo is a smart speaker device. Those two technologies work hand in hand. Echo devices are available in many varieties, but Alexa is a singular product. Alexa is the brain of Echo smart speakers and screens.
Why Did My Alexa Suddenly Stop Working?
If your Alexa is not working, probably there is a problem with the Wi-Fi connection. Because of the poor bandwidth, Alexa will not respond properly.
Restart the router and see if the problem is with the internet or Alexa. Another reason can be background noise that Alexa cannot understand the command very well.
Reset Amazon Alexa – How Do I Do That?
To get started, open Alexa on your phone and then open the devices you normally use. Then tap on Echo and Alexa and select the Echo that you want to clean. Tap factory reset after scrolling down and confirm your selection.
What’s The Action Button On Alexa?
If you press the action button on Alexa, you will be able to ask Alexa questions and control things. The mic off button turns off the mic on the device so when you call Alexa it will not respond.
Amazon Alexa is a great device but you have to be careful while buying it. Hope this article has helped you to know things you wanted to know before buying Amazon Alexa.
- Can iPhone Playback 4k Video: 10 Answers You Should Know
- USB-C & Thunderbolt: 7 Things You Should Know (Explained)
- 6 Typical Problems With Sony Wh-1000xm3 Headphones
- 9 Common Problems With iPhones (With Solutions)
- 8 Most Common Problems with HP Printers (With Solutions)